Various Direct Links

15 November 2011

Praise: The Devotion Project

Last week I wrote about the importance of emphasizing commitment as suggested in a report by the Third Way.  As I have thought about this more, it makes more and more sense.  Then, today, I was sent a link to the Devotion Project.

The Devotion Project is intended to document devotion and commitment of loving couples.  The first video is ten minutes that will require a tissue when viewed.  It is beautiful.  I hope that there will be subsequent films.

As the political battle for full equality for all citizens continues, I am going to be looking for more documentation of commitment like this.  My relationship with my partner (marriage is not legal where we live) started in 2005.  I can imagine fifty-four years together, although if I live that long I would be quite elderly by that time.  It is a lovely goal.  Every loving couple should have the opportunity to have legal recognition of their love and commitment.

Thanks to Care2 for the heads up.

10 April 2011, FollowUp 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer open for freely commenting.